Question:
anyone knows if i can get a train/bus pass for a month with unlimited use in Baden-Wurttemberg,Germany?
chris y
2006-09-20 01:41:25 UTC
Since i'm going there for a whole month and would like to travel around.Wondering if i can get a pass with unlimited train and bus rides.

i tried to look it up on the internet but couldn't find any information.

I might have to travel back and forth from Tubingen and Schwenningen.In what way i travel will cost me the least?

I've actually never been to Germany and i'll be leaving in 4 days.So anyone knows about the transportation there,please answer.
Four answers:
Sunshine
2006-09-26 10:08:01 UTC
If you travel just one route for and back the have a month card for that for a whole state i`m not sure i don`t think so.

If you buy a bahncard you get everything 50% recuded.so you should get that for sure if you plan on traveling with the train a lot you can buy your month card for 50% dicount and etc.

its best to go the the trainstaion itself and see what you need and what the have to offer.
simse
2006-09-20 11:05:30 UTC
Hi! I'm from Germany and though I may not be able to solve your problem completely I may me able to give you some tips.

Ask at a local train-station if there are any Monatskarten (monthly ticket) or even combo-tickets for train and bus. But it can be very expensive to buy one.

If you need a ticket going back and forth from Tübingen to Schwenningen it depends how far they are apart.

There are bus tickets lasting for a month that are € 123,80 going only from Tübingen to Schwenningen. I did not find anything about combo-tickets for a period of a month.

You can buy a Baden-Württemberg ticket on train stations. This is for one day and you can use it for train and bus unlimited for that day. Four a group up to five people it's € 25 and for a single person it's € 17.

Maybe you can ask for a Verbundzeitkarte which will give you the opportunity to use bus and train at least in the Tübingen area for the period of your stay.

Whew, it's complicated. I think the easiest way is to ask at a local train station or a tourist information centre.

Enjoy your trip! I hope you like Germany like I liked Texas and California! Take care.
john b
2006-09-25 03:36:22 UTC
Good answer from Simse but another alternative is the regional freedom tickets that are offered by DB for weekends. For example the Bayernwochender in Bavaria or the equivalent up here in Brandenburg. You can roam at will on the incredibly efficient and comfortable trains. You can see so much at so little cost.
dancer
2006-09-24 15:03:25 UTC
yes you can, go to the local train station in germany and buy a buss or train pass, the train pass maybe for the subway, but those are fact and cheap, i know you can atleast get a week pass.