Question:
What is cornstarch called here in Germany?
Learning is fun!
2007-08-22 06:59:34 UTC
I want to make a cherry crisp, and the recipe calls for cornstarch.
Six answers:
2007-08-22 07:45:24 UTC
It is called SPEISESTAERKE not Maismehl (that is corn flour),

Speisestaerke comes as Maisstaerke (corn) or Kartoffelstaerke (Potato). They both will work equally as good for your cherry crisp.
clausel
2016-10-15 06:46:04 UTC
Cornstarch Translate
Captain Jack ®
2007-08-22 07:12:21 UTC
In german, It's called Maisstärke or Maizena . Mmmmm...

Cherry Crisp.

Cheers :-)
The baby penguin
2007-08-22 09:05:37 UTC
For simple word search like this, you can use the online dictionary

http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed§Hdr=on&spellToler=on&search=cornstarch&relink=on
hoptoad
2007-08-22 07:10:20 UTC
Speisestärke, although I've also seen Maisstärke, and I can't guarantee that they will function the same. (e.g., Backpulver isn't the same as baking powder.)
2007-08-22 07:08:34 UTC
its called maismehl and you can get it in them big supermarkets :)